23 July 2010

A Fistful of Dollars


Italy - 1964
Director - Sergio Leone


I recently discovered that well known illustrator Bob Peak did some posters for the Sergio Leone westerns, including these two, or rather this one, re-designed for an advance (below, notice no title). If you're an illustrator, make sure your contract precisely describes how, and how many times the client is allowed to use your artwork.
Incidentally, you can also download a free version of that title font at 1001 Free Fonts, it's called "Eastwood."

2 comments:

Shaun Anderson [The Celluloid Highway] said...

Hello there - I just recently encountered your blog and started following, I just wanted to drop by and say how much I'm enjoying and I hope you keep up the good work. You might find something of interest or value at my own humble effort The Celluloid Highway - you can find it here - http://sonofcelluloid.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you around!

The Goodkind said...

Hey Shaun, thanks for the kind words, I'll be sure to check out the Highway ASAP! Keep reading!