08 October 2010

Pocket Money


United States - 1972
Director - Stuart Rosenberg
Starring - Paul Newman and Lee Marvin


These top two posters are from IMPAwards


  


I don't know what Retro Filmprogramm is but issue 49, which I found at rudolfbenda.de features Pocket Money under the title "Two Unlucky Cowboys".


This VHS box comes from 109 Things.


I was hoping for a nice old mass-market paperback with an illustrated cover or something, but the only cover I could find for the novel upon which Pocket Money was based was this contemporary one. The screenplay for the film was written by Terrence Malick who has also directed a few films you might have heard of namely The Thin Red Line which was based on a James Jones memoir.

5 comments:

Jason said...

Hey, do you have anymore MGM/UA and RCA/Columbia Pctures VHS cover scans?

The Goodkind said...

I probably have more tapes that haven't been scanned. I kinda do 'em as I go along. Looking for anything specific?

Jason said...

Yeah, can you get scans from:

Carrie (1976)
Gandhi (1982)
Private Parts (1972)
Fame (1980)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
Year of the Dragon (1985)
Hellhole (1985)

and that's it.

Jason said...

I forgot to mention

Hero (1992)
he Knows You're Alone (1980)

That's it.

Cinema Du Meep said...

just stopping in to say hi. I heart VHS. Love your blog!